Interview with Lisa Oliver:
Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Lisa Oliver, author of The Artist and His Alpha, book 3 of the Alpha and Omega series
Hi Lisa, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself, your background, and your current book.
- Hello, and thank you for having me here today. I am a writer, with an awful lot of men who crowd my head on a daily basis, screaming for their stories to be told. My books are all paranormal, all M/M (or M/M/M – my bears come in pairs, every time for some reason) and they all have an HEA. I currently have five/six series running and yep, you could say my books are my passion.
- This one, I think, readers will find particularly sweet, simply because Caden is in it. Caden is a lovely, previously abused Omega who hides himself away, even though he is a successful artist. Sean, his Alpha mate comes across as a bit of an ass, because he is. He’s rich, successful and has men falling all over him. The last person he wants or needs is an Omega that doesn’t even like to leave the house to get groceries. I loved this story because both men grew, changed and became better because of the process.
1) When did you write your first story/book? How old were you?
- I know most writers will tell you that they wrote their first stories when they were still in school, but for me, I was 51 when I wrote The Reluctant Wolf. I had been writing non-fiction for twenty years before that, but I had always believed I couldn’t write dialogue, so I had steered clear of fiction up until then.
2) Are you a plotter or pantser?
- Definitely a pantser. I never know where my stories are going to go, or how they will end up. But I do know about my characters, and they lead me through their stories and let me know when I have gone wrong.
3) What do you think makes your book stand out from the crowd?
- Ouch. Not an easy question to answer because us authors are a shy and humble lot. But what I liked about this story, and most of my books actually, is that you do get a story line and the romance. The book doesn’t stop after the claiming scene so the readers get a chance to really get in touch with the characters, flaws and all.
4) How do you find or make time to write?
- I am one of those lucky people that gets to write full time. My children are grown and have left home for the most part, I no longer have a husband yelling at me for dinner, and I make enough money from my books not to have to work outside of the home. I know I am really lucky and I am thankful for it every day.
5) What do you like to read in your free time?
- I mostly read M/M books, but apart from that I am not fussy. I love contemporary, mysteries, and comedies, but they are all M/M and if I find new shifter authors, with a nice big back list then my weekend is usually set.
Thanks again & Congrats on your new release!
Book Name: The Artist and His Alpha
Series: The Alpha and Omega Series
Each book is a self-contained story and can be read as a standalone.
Release Date: January 29, 2016
Caden Wolfe lives his life hiding from the world. As an Omega with a brute of an Alpha looking for him, he can’t afford to take any chances. He is happy enough with his art, his one good friend Felix and his agent who adores his paintings. It’s a far cry from life on the streets and Caden is determined to keep working hard, and stay out of the spotlight. Staying away from all things wolf is easy enough in the city, until he meets the one man with the potential to blow his cover and his way of life, out of the water.
Sean Black has it all – a brother for pack, a home pack that is still supportive but far enough away not to interfere with his daily life, a good business, and men who clamor for his attention every night of the week. The last thing he wants or needs is a mate, but after a brief meeting with a gorgeous artist, he realizes his life will change, and not necessarily in a good way.
A misunderstanding leads to danger for Caden and Sean has to make a choice. Can he give his Omega what he needs, or should he make sure he’s protected and then walk away? A rogue Alpha with an agenda of his own, a trap, and trouble from the council are just a few of the things this couple will have to contend with if they are ever to have their HEA.
Pages or Words: 65,900 words
Categories: Erotica, Fiction, Gay Fiction, M/M Romance, Paranormal, Romance, Wolf shifters, True Mates, Alpha and Omega
“Holy shit, he has a gun. Caden, for fuck’s sake don’t shoot!”
Sean heard Felix yell and he damn near pushed Liam off the fire escape, leaping up the last of the stairs. He could understand how Felix would want to talk quickly, especially if a gun was involved, but he had to see Caden for himself. As he stood on a rickety ledge he was momentarily stunned by the vision in front of him. A huge lit space littered with canvases spoke of hard work, dedication, passion for art and an apparent disregard for mess. And in front of it all stood Caden – locked, loaded and ready for bear.
The young man looked even better than Sean remembered. His slim, pale torso gleamed under the light, his unruly mop of straight blond hair falling just over the top of one eye. All Caden appeared to be wearing was a pair of jeans that hung low on his hips – a truly sexy picture. But it was the confident way Caden held the gun in his hands, and the unflinching glare in his eyes, that touched Sean’s heart. Felix had been right about one thing. Caden was determined to defend his home, and he looked more than capable of doing it. Damn, if that idea didn’t slam Sean in the groin and hang on.
“What are you doing here, Felix?” Caden’s voice held traces of nervousness that wouldn’t be noticed by human ears, but Sean noticed that the hands holding the gun didn’t waver.
“I was worried about you,” Felix called out, stepping closer to the glass, his hands spread to show he was unarmed. “We all were. You wouldn’t answer your door; you weren’t taking my calls. I had to know you were all right. We’re friends, Caden, I thought you trusted me. Now please, let us in. This damn ledge is fucking unsafe and you know I’m scared of heights.”
Caden held his glare for a long minute, and Sean wasn’t sure the young man would ever move. But then he carefully raised his weapon, removed the magazine, which he tucked in his back pocket, and then walked over to rest the gun against the wall. Only then did he come towards the large panes of glass, releasing a latch, which Sean realized was actually a door latch. What he had mistaken for windows doubled as large sliding doors.
Once all three men were inside of what was a huge space, Caden seemed unsure of himself. “I know we’re friends,” he said to Felix hesitantly – scared, but apparently determined to defend his actions. “I’m not doing anything wrong.” His eyes seemed to catch Sean’s automatically and Sean was shocked to see they were full of fear again. “I’m an adult. This is my place, my territory. I’m not intruding on anyone’s space. I have a right to be here.”
Sean realized in that instant that Caden’s immediate fear had a name – the Black Brothers – and damn, if that didn’t make him feel sick. He and Liam were full-blown Alpha wolves, and his little Omega must have thought that they had a pack, or at least a right to the territory he lived in. No wonder the poor guy had locked himself in and refused to talk to anyone. He was terrified of losing his home and possibly his life.
Felix looked confused. “No one said you didn’t have any right to be here. This is your home, bought and paid for. No one can take it away from you so long as you pay your taxes, and your trust does that for you.”
“Then why did you bring them?” Caden hadn’t stopped looking at Sean, but clearly Liam was included in the ‘them’ comment as well. “They know what I’m talking about. Why are they here, if not to beat me, torture me, rape me and then kick me out of my home? That’s what men like them do. What are they doing here?”
Buy the book:
Amazon.com – http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B8II73O
All Romanceebooks.com – https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-theartistandhisalpha-1979777-340.html
Smashwords – https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/614826
Meet the author:
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildren sometimes try and pry her away from the computer and have found that the best way to do it, is to promise her chocolate. Lisa will do anything for chocolate.
Lisa loves to hear from her readers and other writers. You can friend her on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lisaoliverauthor), catch up on what’s happening at her blog (http://www.supernaturalsmut.com) or email her directly at email@example.com.
Where to find the author:
Other: Blog – http://www.supernaturalsmut.com
Publisher: Oliver Group Publications
Cover Artist: Lisa Oliver
Tour Dates & Stops:
4-Apr: My Fiction Nook
5-Apr: Molly Lolly
6-Apr: Full Moon Dreaming
8-Apr: Open Skye Book Reviews
12-Apr: Parker Williams
14-Apr: MM Good Book Reviews
18-Apr: A.M. Leibowitz
19-Apr: Inked Rainbow Reads
22-Apr: Alpha Book Club